Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Disneyland and Great Sausage








After many years, we finally made it back to Disneyland. Steve and I both immediately noticed how much smaller the park felt. The castle was not as big as I remembered and the wonder/awe in my children's eyes was not for the characters we saw but for the rides....the faster and wetter, the better. Despite this discovery, we had great fun. My favorite ride on this trip was Thunder Mountain. They made me go on Space Mountain and it is not too bad if you keep your eyes closed the whole time, grab the bars tightly and pray hard. The Pirates of the Caribbean was great as usual (I swear that guys leg is real!). We didn't make it to Small World but plan to next time. The firework show at the end was beautiful. Saturday was spent with friends, watching football, enjoying great food and fellowship. Our friend Mike makes the best homemade sausage ever.....Emily even got to help in the process. Gross to watch, yummy to eat. We look forward to Mike & Karen's yearly sausage party! School is back in full swing this week and we are preparing for a visit with Mimi (my grandma) from Texas. I am praying for good weather and cooperative children!



Sausage Making

2 comments:

Billy said...

Disneyland would be so much fun!!! I miss going thereI remember my senior trip there it was a blast!!! I miss you guys...mom you need to put pictures on my page for me please

Rose Starr said...

What fun! But getting wet? Isn't it too cold for that...oh yeah, you don't really have winter in CA! Just kidding :) Glad you had a good time. I love that Pirate's ride...probably my favorite.

We had dinner at Mike's house long long ago...delicious!
~Rose