Thursday, November 15, 2007

Homeschool Highlights #2

As our week continues, we took a field trip to Balboa Park to the Natural History Museum to see the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit. It was very interesting to learn about the land, how the climate in Israel is simular to ours, how they found the scrolls and then sold them several times before their real value was discovered. I expected the scrolls to be larger than they were. My favorites were the Ten Commandment scroll and the Copper scroll, which is like a treasure map. We were not allowed to photograph anything inside the exhibit, but here is a picture of us waiting to go inside and taking a soda break afterwards. Another fun day!


1 comment:

Billy said...

Emily...I miss you so so much...It looks like you have been on alot of field trips...I hoope you are having fun I love you so so much...I want you to work on sending me some pictures k...I love you